Thursday, February 12, 2009

Praise God! One Step Closer

A long awaited to answer to prayer arrived today - Dong Nai province has committed in writing today to approve our son's dossier and move it to the federal level for approval by February 25!!!! We believe the federal level will approve the file very quickly. Then the only thing we wait for is the local People's Committee to invite us to Vietnam for the "Giving and Receiving" ceremony where we will formally adopt Hung. This means travel could happen in 14-16 weeks or sooner!!! We are laughing and sobbing with joy.

We are so very grateful to you all for your words of encouragement, your shoulders to cry on, your offers to contact politicians and friends in Vietnam on our behalf, and your many prayers for our strength, grace and Hung's health and happiness. It has been 20 months since we first saw our son's beautiful face and we can't believe we will finally be able to bring him home. Miracles do happen and we are in awe of the power of faith, prayer and friendship.

Time for us to learn some more Vietnamese! This adoption is happening. WE ARE GOING TO BRING HOME OUR SON!!!!!

Much love, Mary Li and Jim

8 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Mary Li,
This is wonderful news! Our prayers our working. We will continue to pray until your son is home with you.

Suzanne in MI

February 12, 2009 at 5:14 PM  
Blogger Valorie Leonard said...

I am overjoyed for your family! I KNOW that MOJ comes so soon! I am expecting that it will for you too. Maybe we will meet IRL in VN!

February 12, 2009 at 5:41 PM  
Blogger Jessica Alvarez said...

Yay! What wonderful news! I hope things move smoothly--and quickly!--from here on out.

February 12, 2009 at 5:46 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Mary Li I'm crying! Joy to the world!!! I am so, so happy for you. I cannot wait until you are on that plane!

February 12, 2009 at 11:30 PM  
Blogger J and J said...

Praise God! One step closer, a HUGE step closer! We will now pray for the next approvals to come quickly!

February 12, 2009 at 11:47 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Praise GOD!!!!!!!!!! We are so, so happy for your family! It won't be long now and Hunter will be in your arms!!!

Love,
Carol

February 13, 2009 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger Stevens Family said...

Hooray, hooray, hooray!!! Hang in there Hunter; Mommy & Daddy are coming for you very soon!!!

I'm so excited fo you guys. Congratulations on your wonderful news.

February 13, 2009 at 10:16 PM  
Blogger Annette said...

I am sure you guys are still ecstatic from the news this week! I can't wait to hear when you finally get DOJ and MOJ approval. We are almost there! Hang on...

Praying for quick approvals!

Love,
Annette

February 15, 2009 at 9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home