Hoarding Fritos
About six months ago, one of my best girlfriends, Connie P., told me she was getting a hive of honey bees. She lives in the country but even for her this unusual acquisition seems extreme. "Why on earth would you want a hive of bees?" I asked. She very seriously told me she thought the economy was going to hell fast and that we will soon be reduced to a barter system. She is going to be prepared! She is buying chickens, planting vegetables and getting some bees.
Such a weird perspective, I thought, for my usually very upbeat friend. Connie is not psychic but I never would have thought our economy would be at the point that it is today and all the news is doom and gloom.
The other night on Jon Stewart (yes, that is about the only place I can tolerate the "news" these days!), he asked his fake economist for recommendations for investments. He said, "food and guns!" I turned to my half asleep husband and said, "Jim, I told you - we need to go to Home Depot or Lowes and get some seeds!"
He very peacefully replied, "Honey, if it will make you feel better, I will get us some seeds. But... they don't have seeds for Fritos!" Such a comedian, my Jim.
OK - so what will be the point of living if the economy completely collapses and there are no Fritos?! :) Which candidate is guaranteeing my right to Fritos?!
Such a weird perspective, I thought, for my usually very upbeat friend. Connie is not psychic but I never would have thought our economy would be at the point that it is today and all the news is doom and gloom.
The other night on Jon Stewart (yes, that is about the only place I can tolerate the "news" these days!), he asked his fake economist for recommendations for investments. He said, "food and guns!" I turned to my half asleep husband and said, "Jim, I told you - we need to go to Home Depot or Lowes and get some seeds!"
He very peacefully replied, "Honey, if it will make you feel better, I will get us some seeds. But... they don't have seeds for Fritos!" Such a comedian, my Jim.
OK - so what will be the point of living if the economy completely collapses and there are no Fritos?! :) Which candidate is guaranteeing my right to Fritos?!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home