Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Montana (no, not Hannah!)
















It's been a while since I've last posted but its been a crazy busy summer. Hunter successfully completed kindergarten, Marshall made it through 6th grade (barely) and Lily has finished with pre-K! We took our summer vacation at the end of June to Glacier National park in Montana by way of Spokane and Cour d'Alene Idaho. The weather was perfect - highs in the low 70s, lows in the 40s at night and daylight from 4:30 am until 11 pm!! I rode a horse for the first time in 37 years and lived to write about it! The kids bonded over huckleberry candies, hiking and DS games. We saw black bears (one a wee too close), antelope, bison, doll sheep (very funny looking creatures), eagles, the world's largest purple spoon and all kinds of gorgeous scenery. I could live it northern Idaho or Montana if it wasn't for all the darn snow it gets in the winter. Speaking of snow - Hunter saw his very first snow. He was very, very excited but after 2 minutes he started wailing because he didn't understand why his hands were freezing and stinging. It didn't stop him from trying to have a snow ball fight with Marshall or sliding on his butt down a glacier. Yes - there was still plenty of snow the third week of June in Glacier. We had a lovely time and it was hard to come home to 90 plus degree heat and humidity. Enjoy the photos!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

Wonderful photos! I love all the sweet family photos, but my all time favorite is the world's largest purple spoon! I had been wondering who had the biggest one!!

July 20, 2010 at 9:43 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Great photos! Makes me want to go there right now. I love the one with you and the three kids! Great shot!

July 24, 2010 at 10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Montana looks a lot like Alaska! Natural beauty, lots of snow and antlers, and goofy things like giant purple spoons!

September 5, 2010 at 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home