Dance of the Tree Skirt
Nothing signals Christmas in our house like the Dance of the Christmas Tree Skirt! For some reason I have had this lovely quilted bright funky tree skirt for many years. I am not quite sure how the Dance originated but I recall trying to roust the Christmas spirit in my husband with some lighthearted cheer the first year we were married by donning the skirt and dancing to the Nutcracker music. It did not quite have the intended erotic effect but did produce lusty gales of laughter! Think Dance of the Seven Veils meets National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. Anyway, before the tree is decorated and the lights are turned on, when the first of the decoration boxes is opened, we must have the Dance. This year, I was not really in the mood and neither was Jim but I wrapped that lovely fabric compilation around my waist and danced I did. Well, Lily thought I was nothing short of Snow White and Cinderella rolled into one and NOTHING would do but she too had to wear the skirt and do the Dance!! It comes to her toes (It is well above my knees - quite a different look that I will spare you!) and she twirled and twirled. "Look at me!! Look at ME!!!" she shouted with glee. Murphy, our coon hound, has never witnessed this spectacle before so was torn between watching the wee Empress parade around or sniffing each ornament. Who needs snow and ice and cozy fires to make them feel like Christmas? Not us! This was just the thing to brighten our spirits! Ho Ho Ho!!








3 Comments:
What a wonderful Christmas tradition! Merry Christmas!
Looks like great fun! And the tree looks fabulous!
What a fun tradition!! Lily is so cute...you can tell she was having FUN!
Sheri, David, Micah & Adria--in VN
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home