At Last!! DOJ Approval
Ladies and Gentlemen - drum roll please!! At long last, after 16 months, Hunter's province has officially approved his dossier clearing the way for his adoption! We are thrilled and stunned, not believing that it finally happened as promised today.
The file next goes to the federal level for approval which we are told may take up to two weeks. Then the file comes back to the province to send to the People's Committee to set the Giving and Receiving Ceremony - when we are invited to Vietnam to complete the adoption. These next steps have taken other families for this province anywhere from 54-94 days so we are anticipating travel mid April to perhaps mid-June. Did I really just type those words?
For so long it was up in the air whether this adoption was going to be completed so we kind of stopped in our tracks with regard to preparation. Didn't complete his room, didn't shop for the requisite gifts for local officials, didn't buy any little boy clothes or toys, didn't read all the attachment books or learn adequate Vietnamese. Let the mad scramble begin!! :) We welcome all insights into older child adoption and adjustment. We know we will need them!
A special thank you to Holt who has really been a zealous advocate on Hung's behalf for the last few months. Abbie in the waiting child program is beyond amazing and we have no doubt that Thoa, the VN coordinator, was instrumental in getting us over the provincial hurdle. Now we anxiously wait for our friends to hear the same news for their children too.
Thank you for propping us up on the days when our faith was weak and we doubted this day would come. It is here! Rejoice with us!
Love, Mary Li, Jim, Marshall and Lily
The file next goes to the federal level for approval which we are told may take up to two weeks. Then the file comes back to the province to send to the People's Committee to set the Giving and Receiving Ceremony - when we are invited to Vietnam to complete the adoption. These next steps have taken other families for this province anywhere from 54-94 days so we are anticipating travel mid April to perhaps mid-June. Did I really just type those words?
For so long it was up in the air whether this adoption was going to be completed so we kind of stopped in our tracks with regard to preparation. Didn't complete his room, didn't shop for the requisite gifts for local officials, didn't buy any little boy clothes or toys, didn't read all the attachment books or learn adequate Vietnamese. Let the mad scramble begin!! :) We welcome all insights into older child adoption and adjustment. We know we will need them!
A special thank you to Holt who has really been a zealous advocate on Hung's behalf for the last few months. Abbie in the waiting child program is beyond amazing and we have no doubt that Thoa, the VN coordinator, was instrumental in getting us over the provincial hurdle. Now we anxiously wait for our friends to hear the same news for their children too.
Thank you for propping us up on the days when our faith was weak and we doubted this day would come. It is here! Rejoice with us!
Love, Mary Li, Jim, Marshall and Lily

7 Comments:
Congratulations!!!1 Hooray!!! Amazing news! Thank You, Lord!!!
So, you won't be too far behind us in travel. Sounds like you'll go when it's good & hot in VN. : )
: ) : )
Sheri...leaving in 18 hours!
Praise God for this WONDERFUL blessing! Have fun over the next few weeks preparing for travel. That should keep you busy so before you know it you will be on a plane to get him!
Rejoicing with you!!! I am so excited for you guys! We are all praying for an exceptionally fast approval from the MOJ and PC for you!
Love,
Annette
Congratulations!!! What wonderful, amazing, fantastic news! I hope all the approvals from here on out come in record time.
I said it on the Holt board, but I'll say it again . . . CONGRATULATIONS!!!! As for advice on older child adoptions . . . I'm in the thick of trying to figure it out myself. I'm being helped temendously by parents who have gone before me and I hope I do the same for you!! Can't wait for that first e-mail asking for advice on how to handle the child you no longer have to dream about!! Enjoy the preparation!
I have become more emotional the past few years and I cry much more than I used to. My kids will ask me if they are happy tears or sad tears. THESE are HAPPY TEARS!!
Praise God from Whom all blessings flow! Every good and perfect gift is from above!
What WONDERFUL NEWS! SO happy for your family and know you will enjoy the next few weeks of madness getting ready for your son's homecoming!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home