Sunday, March 22, 2009

More nesting and Hooray for Nathan!

The nesting phase continues at our house. The kids rooms are clean, the garage sale a success. And, because we just don't have ENOUGH to do to get ready, we decided (read that as "I decided") it was time to change our bright yellow living room and kitchen walls to a pale blue. As I write, husband of the year is kilzing the yellow. I have no idea what I ever did to deserve this sweet man who doesn't blink at my wild hairs. But, I am sure glad I did it! :)

For months, 3 other Holt Dong Nai waiting moms and I have supported each other during this horrible wait. We have had monthly gift exchanges and regular e-mail correspondence and a few phone calls at the high and low points. Wendi, Annette and Valorie have been like a lifeline. They understand so completely how crazy this journey to our children has been. We hoped to travel together. That was not to be. Within a few hours, Valorie and her husband Dave will meet their son, Nathan (see Leonard Log blog). Our file is still sitting with the Dong Nai DOJ waiting for a signature to go to the People's Committee to schedule the adoption. Annette and Wendi still wait verification that their children's files have been moved to the federal level for processing. Maddening. But we also wait with eager anticipation for one of our own to meet their child for the first time!! The Leonard's wait is over and a new journey, with their beautiful son, is now beginning. So Hooray for Nathan! May his transition in to the loving arms of his forever family be smooth.

2 Comments:

Blogger Annette said...

Thanks for all of YOUR support Mary Li! I know that we could not have gotten through this incredibly long wait without you and the others. It is so exciting to finally have movement again in Dong Nai. It will be yours and our turn soon!

Love,
Annette

March 22, 2009 at 3:42 PM  
Blogger Stevens Family said...

Oh the nesting, I so remember doing that, LOL!!

So excited for Val and her family. Your turn is coming very soon! Come on TA!!!!

March 24, 2009 at 1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home